"Whether you use catalogs, direct mail, call centers or broadcast media, today's Web-savvy customers are more likely to use search engines when they're ready to buy than ever before."
Did you catch that?
...customers are more likely to use search engines when they're ready to buy than ever before.
Author Jeff Molander, CEO of Molander & Associates, Inc., offered some other insights into search engines in the December 2008 issue of Target Marketing. For instance:
- The fastest way to test a content-based strategy is to partner with other bloggers who need content. This is a great opportunity for free PR, but it also creates link building back to your website, blog, etc.
- Become the expert in your industry with your blog, content and advice.
- Leverage your content across marketing strategies.
- Measure your success. Create goals and measure your traffic, leads and conversions.
- Install the Google Toolbar and keep an eye on your Web page "page rank" score.
- Subscribe to Google Alerts.
While none of the above ideas represent a silver bullet in SEO, they should all be considered as part of your ongoing optimization efforts.