A few good ideas to help improve your company's position in Facebook:
- Always show you are human. Let everyone know you are real and try your best to relate to them. Find a common ground and talk to them. When they are "OK" with you, then the relationship moves more into a professional/sales role.
- Share some of your interests. If you are comfortable, share your hobbies and interests. If you see a website, article, link, etc. that your Friends may be interested in, then send it to them through Facebook.
- Join Groups. Be real and join groups that are of interest to you.
- While you certainly would invite family and friends to be Fans of your Facebook Page, be sure to invite customers and prospects to be Friends of your Profile and/or Fans of your Facebook Page.
- Post Events - anything that's helpful (webinars, conferences, conventions) in your industry.
- Use Facebook to do research. Research your competition and potential clients/customers.
- Incorporate your Facebook link in your e-mail messages as part of your signature block.