Everyone is quick, at times, to either blame their SEO company, Google or their website designer for their poor search engine optimization results.
Truth of the matter is:
- You were not patient.
- You wanted overnight results (same as bullet No. 1).
- You didn't listen to your SEO firm.
- You didn't update your website's content.
- You didn't write a blog.
- You didn't work on inbound links from your website, etc., etc.
- Your SEO firm promised you Top 10 position within 30 days. Not going to happen.
- Your SEO firm really didn't communicate anything but a crummy monthly report.
- Your SEO firm bills you only when they get Top 10 results and you've waiting on that to happen for six+ months now.
- You can blame Google for not liking your website, despite the fact that your competition's lousy website is ranked No. 1, but your website is prettier (no one cares about your pretty website).
- Your website designer said your website is "optimized" for Google and that you're good to go. Problem is, you can't find your website in the Top 100 search results.
- You're waiting for your next door neighbor's son to get back from college to work on your new website because he's an Internet ace (good luck with that).
- You've decided to work on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or something else (here's a clue: they all work together).