By Steve Phillips
Purple Trout, LLC
Since link building is a very important part of ongoing search engine optimization, we frequently are asked the following question:
"How do I get more links?"
Link building (also known as inbound links, linking, etc.) is the process by which another website, blog, social media account and/or other, creates a link pointing back to your website. While inbound links from high quality, relevant websites impress search engines, it is also important to note that effective link building generates more traffic to your website.
Here are 10 ideas on how to earn more inbound links:
- Content is king, so write great content for your website, blog, etc.
- Create an e-book or guide and give it away for free.
- Write a white paper on an industry-related topic. It should be educational and helpful.
- Write articles for your website.
- Write articles for on-line magazines. Most sites will print a short bio with the article and allow a link back to your website.
- Blog and blog frequently. Writing once a month or once a week isn't enough to get anyone's attention, let alone earn a link.
- Write a guest blog.
- Write a book or a manual and sell it.
- Write press releases, but only as they specifically deal with your company or your industry.
- Create and publish informational videos, podcasts and presentations.
Above all, be creative, informative and educational.