Sometimes, it's easy to overlook the obvious when it comes to taking your search engine optimization efforts to the next level.
- Listen and do research.
- What are your competitors doing?
- Use a great keyword research tool, like SEM Rush and find out what keywords you should be using.
- Use Google Alerts to track your own keywords; your name; your business name, etc.
- Bookmark the good articles (from your Google Alerts) that you want to read later. Use Diigo, Stumble Upon and Delicious for tagging.
- Listen via Twitter. Search for a keyword #hashtag.
- Create your own Twitter keyword #hashtag and use it often.
- Test your headline in a Google search.
- Test your press release in your blog.
- Using the words "How To" is a great way to start a blog post.
Do you have some tips that often get overlooked?